Staff Corner – Irene Coeny
Irene Coeny – Director
1. What is your favorite color? The exact shade of the orange and green we use for Planet Han’s space; they are welcoming and bright!
2. Where do you get all your great ideas for crafts and activities? Most of them come in when I am not aware of them; I,e, walking on the way to work, watching my kids play, visiting toy stores and when I am in a shower!
3. How would you describe yourself in three words? Innovative, diligent, entrepreneurial
4. What is your favorite movie/tv show/song/book? I like watching those Korean and TVB Chinese dramas and I read a lot of biographies.
5. What is the best part of your day? When I interact with my students and parents.
6. What is your favorite drink from Starbucks? Green Tea Latte without syrup!
7. What is your favorite Chinese food restaurant in NYC? For casual quick and fast noodles, congee kind of food: Big Wing Wang on 102 Mott Street. For fancy dinner, banquet, dim sum: Ping’s on 22 Mott Street. I take my daughters to Chinatown every other week.
8. What has been your most memorable/favorite moment at Planet Han so far? The day when we have reached 100 students. Today, we have 258!